Choosing a newborn photographer is a decision that warrants careful consideration. These are the precious first moments of your child's life you're entrusting to someone. To guide you on this journey, we've compiled a list of the top 5 questions for hiring a newborn photographer. These will help you to ensure that your baby's first photoshoot is in the hands of a professional who shares your vision and values.
Top 5 questions for hiring a newborn photographer.
1. What is Your Experience with Newborn Photography?
Asking about the photographer's experience will give you an understanding of their skills and expertise. It's essential to hire a photographer who specialises in newborn photography as it requires a unique set of skills and a deep understanding of newborn safety and comfort.
2. How is the Safety of the Baby Ensured During the Shoot?
Your baby's safety is paramount. The photographer should have a clear protocol for ensuring the baby's safety and comfort during the shoot, from gentle handling techniques to clean and safe props and equipment.
3. Can You Provide Some Sample Work or a Portfolio?
Seeing the photographer's previous work will give you insights into their style and the quality of photos they deliver. It will help you gauge if their aesthetic aligns with your preferences.
4. What is Included in Your Newborn Photography Package?
Understanding what is included in the package can save you from any surprise costs later on. Ask about the duration of the session, the number of photos you'll receive, the availability of props and outfits, and if there are additional costs for including family members in the shoot.
5. What is Your Policy for Rescheduling or Cancelations?
Life with a newborn can be unpredictable. It's essential to know the photographer's policies regarding rescheduling or cancelations. This ensures you're prepared for any last-minute changes that may arise.
1. When is the best time to schedule a newborn photoshoot? The best time for a newborn photoshoot is within the first two weeks of the baby's life. During this time, babies are sleepier and more flexible, which allows for a variety of poses.
2. How long does a newborn photoshoot typically last? A typical newborn photoshoot lasts between 2-4 hours. This time allows for feeding, diaper changes, and comforting the baby.
3. Should I feed my baby before the photoshoot? Yes, feeding your baby before the photoshoot can help them feel comfortable and sleepier, which makes for a smoother session.
4. Can I suggest a theme or props for the photoshoot? Most photographers welcome your ideas and suggestions. After all, these images should reflect your personal tastes and preferences.
5. Are the props and outfits provided by the photographer clean and safe? A professional newborn photographer should prioritise the cleanliness and safety of their props and outfits. Don't hesitate to ask about their cleaning procedures.
Hiring a newborn photographer is a significant decision, but by asking the right questions, you can ensure that you're entrusting your baby's first photoshoot to a skilled and caring professional. Remember, these photos will serve as lifelong keepsakes of your baby's earliest days. So, take the time to choose a photographer who will capture these moments with the tenderness and artistry they deserve.